P&CG is seeking a Master Electrician, currently licensed by the City of Rochester, NY
Works on electrical systems additions or modifications on secondary circuits and equipment. Works on secondary electrical systems that are 1000 volts and below. Main duties to include trouble shooting and or maintenance of all aspects of street lighting both public and private customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits and equipment using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Works alone or alongside others and/or trains other electricians or groundmen in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Plans electrical secondary system additions or modifications.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must have a valid City of Rochester, NY Master Electricians License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of secondary electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and equipment to repair, install, replace, and test 1000 volt and below electrical circuits, equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers for secondary systems 1000 volt and below.
- Ability to lead and train other electricians.
- Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in secondary up to (1000 volts) circuits and systems including cutouts, switchgears and transformers
- Isolating faults in up to 1000 voltage distribution system and replacing cable runs
- Operating up to 1000 voltage controls and switchgears including repairing and replacing those
- Leading, guiding and/or training other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Able to trouble shoot street lighting luminaires and wires.
Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Requirements for All Field Positions Above
- Must have a valid NY State CDL driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment
- Must pass DOT Physical, background check, license check and drug test, and must maintain passing results throughout the term of employment with P&CG
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Cannot have a fear of heights
The Ideal Candidates
- Are ready to be trained in the safe performance of utility work
- Have a positive attitude, and can arrive on the job site on time wearing proper attire and PPE and demonstrate dependability
- Take direction from Foreman, Clients, Safety Representatives, and Management
- Demonstrate safe and proper use and maintenance of all company tools and equipment
- Can communicate effectively and respectfully with the public and our clients
Full Time, Year - Round Employment